The performing arts program at St. Andrew's seeks to foster an understanding and appreciation of dance, drama, and choral and orchestral music, while also encouraging students to discover and pursue interests in any or all of these art forms, and to develop personally as adventurous, expressive, and creative individuals.
Performing arts courses provide both formal training and instruction in the theoretical, historical and cultural background of each discipline. This intensive training and instruction, combined with close contact with established faculty artists who create and perform their own works with and for our community, allows the student grow in their own artistic understanding, creative capabilities, and free expression. This dynamic interaction allows our students to gain a strong sense of the arts as a means for investigating and celebrating the world in which they live.
Read more about the individual performing arts disciplines offered at St. Andrew's on the Arts section of our website.
Performing Arts Courses
Choral & Instrumental Music
- Music Theory
- Instrumental Music Methods
- Chamber Music
- Jazz Improvisation
- Music Composition
- Advanced Study in Music Theory & Music History
- Vocal Studies
- Andrean Ensemble (previously Choral Scholars)
Instrumental Music Methods
Advanced Study in Music Theory & Music History
Andrean Ensemble (previously Choral Scholars)
- Dance Fundamentals
- Intermediate/Advanced Ballet: Levels 3, 4 & 5 (previously Dance 2: Ballet)
- Intermediate/Advanced Contemporary Dance: Levels 3, 4 & 5 (previously Dance 2: Contemporary)
- Advanced Study in Dance: Classical Ballet (Level 6)
- Advanced Study in Dance: Contemporary (Level 6)