St. Andrew’s School recognizes the positive role, importance, and value of interscholastic athletics as part of the educational program. The goals for students participating in the interscholastic program include:
- Developing leadership and confidence.
- Learning appropriate behavior when working with others.
- Learning the ethics of competition.
- Learning how to control emotions.
- Developing lifelong health habits.
- Improving physical fitness.
- Learning and improving on specific sport skills.
Interscholastic athletics also provide an opportunity for the entire student body to demonstrate School spirit and positive citizenship.