Activities & Clubs
What's the difference between activities and clubs?
Activities take place in the afternoon between 4:00 and 6:00 PM. Activities include all sports. All students must participate in a sport or activity each afternoon.
Clubs are student-led organizations or groups that meet before evening study hall, on weekends, or during other free periods during the academic day. All clubs have a faculty advisor. All clubs are complete voluntary.
Here are a few other guidelines for afternoon activities:
- III Form and IV Form students must participate in at least two sports per year.
- V Form and VI Form students must participate in at least one sport per year.
- If you are taking dance as a class, it counts as one sport for our athletic requirement. You are still required to participate in an activity every afternoon.
- III Form students may not sign up for theatre in the fall.
- There are limited positions available for the Tech Crew. Students in Tech Crew will work for the play or musical; on days they are not needed in the theatre, they will be working as Tech Crew for the Dance Program or will help in the Organic Garden.
- V and VI Form students may also sign up to serve as a manger of an athletic team, or to work as an intern in the Communications Office.
For the 2020-2021 school year, all student groups and clubs—with a few exceptions—may convene with the guidance of faculty advisors this fall. Meetings can happen virtually, or in-person, preferably outdoors, if all health & safety protocols are followed. Exceptions include those clubs or activities that require students to go off campus (such as mentoring in local schools, or volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club and local soup kitchens, food pantries, and homeless shelters).