Dress code is required Monday through Friday (and on Saturdays when classes are held) during the academic day, in all areas of the school. Dress code is also required during formal gatherings, which include Chapel, special programs, lectures, concerts, plays, and as announced. Students must wear:
- Polo, blouse, or buttoned-down collared shirt, tucked in; and
- Skirt, dress, shorts, or slacks with belt; and
- Dress shoe or dress sandals. Sneakers and waterproof shoes/boots will also be permitted during the fall of 2020.
Other athletic attire (beyond sneakers) should not be worn during the academic day.
While dress shorts will be allowed during the academic day, dress shorts should not be worn during formal gatherings.
Jeans and t-shirts are not permitted during the academic day or formal gatherings.
Hats should not be worn indoors.
What clothes should I bring, and how much?
Our dress code is gender neutral. Any student can wear any of the items permitted in the above dress code. Below are suggested quantities you may want to follow as you prepare to come to St. Andrew's. Current students helped us to compile these quantities using their own experiences, but these are suggested quantities only—depending on your personal style and inclination to do laundry, your final packing list may look much different. Please note the following addendums for the 2020-2021 school year:
- In an effort to create the most spacious rooms possible and to simplify room cleaning, for our fall 2020 in-person term all students should try to reduce, as much as possible, the amount of clothing and other belongings they bring to campus.
Please bring all-weather outwear appropriate for outdoor classes and activities. We recommend bringing a rain coat, waterproof shoes or boots of some kind , and a warm coat for cooler weather.
Dress Code Wear
- 3-5 button-down shirts
- 3-5 polo shirts
- 4-6 blouses
- 5-7 pairs of slacks (not denim/jeans)
- 3-5 pairs of shorts (not denim or athletic shorts)
- 3-5 dresses
- 3-5 skirts
- 1 or 2 blazers
- 3-4 cardigans
- 2-3 sweaters
CASUAL & ATHLETIC WEAR
- 7-10 t-shirts or tank tops for sports and sleeping (may want to bring a few long-sleeve)
- 2-3 sweatshirts
- 2 or 3 sweatshirts
- 2-3 pairs of jeans
- 3-5 pairs of athletic shorts
- 3-5 pairs of leggings, sweatpants, or yoga pants
- 2-4 pairs of sweatpants or track pants
What else will I need?
You will also need:
- Bras (sports and regular)
- At least one pair of indoor dress shoes
- At least one pair of waterproof shoes or boots
- Socks (casual & athletic)
- Rain jacket
- A warm or winter jacket
- Hat and gloves
You may also want:
- Sandals that aren't plastic (leather flip flips are permitted in dress code)
- Shower shoes if you like to wear these
- Bathing suit