2019 Opening of School Dates & Times
Don't forget to turn in your Health Forms!
Please note: all students must turn in their completed Health Forms packets to the Health Center before they return to campus. All forms were due on June 30, 2019. Any delay in health form completion will prevent us from being able to house your child in our dorms or allow them to participate in any of our programs. If you have questions, please call the Health Center at 302-285-4240.
Need transportation to campus?
Pick-up service at the Philadelphia Airport or Wilmington Train Station must be scheduled at least a week in advance of your child’s arrival. Please email your student’s return-to-school travel itinerary no later than Monday, August 12 to Karin Wright at email@example.com.
Request to Adhere to Schedule
The School asks that parents adhere to the following schedule. In particular, we request that students not return before the assigned dates and times. Our staff will be busy with last-minute cleanup and repairs, and our faculty will be very busy preparing for the opening of school. Due to these constraints, we are only able to supervise those students who have been invited to return to campus early, and our Dining Hall prepares enough food to feed only those students. Thus, we are simply not prepared to cope with early arrivals and would appreciate your cooperation in this regard. Special requests for exceptions should be emailed to Associate Head of School Ana Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletes Invited for Football Camp arrive Friday, August 23, between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m.
- Registration will be open from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the Admission Common Room in Founders Hall.
VI Form Students arrive Sunday, August 25, between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the Admission Common Room in Founders Hall.
- The entire VI Form will have a dinner at 6:00 p.m. that day, followed by a meeting with Head of School Tad Roach.
Athletes Invited for Preseason Camps arrive Tuesday, August 27, between noon and 2:00 p.m.
Varsity coaches emailed preseason invitations to students in June. Attendance at preseason camp is by invitation only.
- Registration will be open from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. in the Admission Common Room in Founders Hall.
- Practices will begin at 2:00 p.m. that day, or as directed by your coach.
- International students may arrive the evening before (Monday, August 26) to allow for jet lag.
International Students & Parents arrive Friday, August 30, between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Admission Common Room in Founders Hall.
- Our International Student & Parent program will begin at 5:30 p.m. that day.
Opening Day: New Students and All Other Returning Students arrive Sunday, September 1, between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Admission Common Room in Founders Hall.
- New students will be met by the Admissions Team and VI Form students.
- Lunch will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Dining Hall.
- Head of School Tad Roach will welcome parents of new students at 1:30 p.m. in the O’Brien Arts Center.
- A full Opening Day schedule will be provided at check-in.
Parent Party on Sunday, September 1, 3:00 p.m.
- We ask parents to say goodbye to their sons and daughters at 3:00 p.m. and join us at a special Parent Party (location TBA). This family reception will give you time to meet other parents, share your reflections on your day, and exchange contact information with one another.