St. Andrew's School Chapel Welcomes You
St. Andrew's Chapel program welcomes you! The Chapel plays a central role in the communal life of our School. Before you arrive on campus, the Chapel team begins to plan our programming for the upcoming year as well as to pray for the time we will spend together. This fall we are committed to bringing a diverse array of speakers and preachers to complement our usual line-up of faculty and staff presenters. As usual, the services will be student-led and will occasionally feature a student speaker. Our Sunday morning Eucharist services promise enriching worship as well as uplifting sacred music. Our Chapel services are central to the fostering of our community, and we hope that you will consider ways that you might become involved in our Chapel program. Since our services require the teamwork of students, faculty, and staff, there are a number of opportunities for you to offer your time and talents to endow our services with vitality and meaning. Please consider the following list of ways to be involved in our Chapel program:
- Acolytes—provide assistance for Wednesday and Sunday services, light candles, join the procession into the Chapel carrying the cross, torches, Gospel book, and St. Andrew's banner
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers—seniors who serve as chalice bearers on Sunday morning
- Lay Readers—responsible for reading lessons, psalms, or prayers during worship
- Sacristans—set up for services and clean up afterwards
- Singing in the Choir
- Ushers—assist with seating, decorum, and handing out service materials
As your Chaplain, I am eager to meet the specific religious needs of each student. If you would take a moment to fill the form below, that will help us to serve you better. Please note that providing this information is completely voluntary.
I look forward to hearing from you and cannot wait to see you in September! If you have any questions about our Chapel program, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
The Rev. Jay Hutchinson