Senior Week 2023
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, May 24—Mein Chapel Service
Featuring reflections from members of the Class of 2023.
Saturday, May 27—Awards Night
- 6:00 PM ET - Reception & Dinner at Head of School's House
- Attendance at the reception and dinner is limited to six people (not including your graduate).
- 8:00 PM ET - Awards Ceremony
- We will recognize members of the Class of 2023 for their achievements in academic, athletic, artistic, and community life; hear talks from seniors; and enjoy the senior slideshow.
Sunday, May 28—Commencement
- 9:00 AM ET - Baccalaureate Chapel
- Attendance at the Chapel service is limited to four people (not including your graduate).
- 10:00 AM ET - Graduation Ceremony on the Front Lawn
- Lunch to follow.
- This year’s Commencement speaker is chef, restauranteur, and cookbook author Gregory Gourdet ’93.
Let Us Know You’re Coming!
Student Names on Diplomas
Class of 2023 parents, if you have not yet done so, please take a moment to review your child’s full name in this spreadsheet, and confirm or edit how you would like their name to be printed on their diploma at Commencement
Commencement Speaker: Gregory Gourdet ’93
Gregory Gourdet ’93 is an acclaimed chef, restauranteur, and cookbook author. Gourdet’s Portland restaurant, Kann, which opened last summer, was named one of the 50 best restaurants in America by The New York Times. Gourdet’s first cookbook, Everyone’s Table: Global Recipes for Modern Health, won a 2022 James Beard Foundation Book Award. You may recognize him from Top Chef—he was the runner-up on Season 12, which aired in 2015, and he’s also competed in Top Chef: All Stars. And, you may also recognize him from the cover of the fall 2022 issue of St. Andrew's Magazine.
Dress for Commencement
The traditional dress for Commencement is either white dresses, or white slacks, blue shirts, navy blazers, and school ties.
We ask you to limit attendance at two of the graduation events:
- For reception and dinner on Saturday evening, May 27, we ask that no more than six guests attend for each graduate.
- For the chapel service on Sunday morning, May 28, we ask that no more than four guests attend for each graduate.
There is no limit for the number of guests at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday evening or at the Commencement exercises and luncheon on Sunday.