Five St. Andrew’s girl wrestlers help lead the charge for change in Delaware
A total of 13 Saints were named to the DISC All-Conference teams following the winter sports season.
Where Saints wrestling Alumni have competed in college...
Austin Glessner ’11 - Franklin and Marshall College
Earl Walker ’91 - Boston University
- 1994 NCAA Division I All-America in the 158-pound division, when he finished 3rd in the NCAA Tournament, marking the highest finish ever by a B.U. wrestler. Earned the "Mickey" Cochran Memorial Award, presented to Boston University's top male athlete after compiling a 37-3 record in all matches. As a senior, he was ranked as high as number one in the nation, served as team captain and earned MVP honors.
- At NCAAs as a sophomore in 1993, he defeated the number-one seed and went on to finish in the top 12 in the nation at 158-pounds, compiling a 26-5 record.
- Inducted into the Boston University Athletics Hall of Fame in 2002; inducted into the Delaware Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2004.
- While at St. Andrews School, Walker was a two-time Delaware high school state champion, winning the 145-pound title as a junior and the 152-pound division during his senior year. He was also a national champion his senior season.
- Earned a doctorate in Counseling Psychology. Served as head coach of Delaware State for three seasons after assisting at B.U. and U.C. Davis.
Timothy W. Peters ’66 - University of Delaware
Gordon Appell ’60 - University of North Carolina
Walter D. Phillips ’59 - University of North Carolina
Bill Ray Russell ’56 - University of North Carolina
G. Leonard Shea ’51 - University of Pennsylvania