Parents' Financial Statement Instructions & Notes
The Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) is a comprehensive online form that allows SSS to estimate the amount that your family can contribute towards your child's tuition. SSS reports that estimate to any school or schools you indicate on your PFS. If your child is applying to more than one school, you only need to fill out your PFS once. If you have multiple children applying, only one PFS application is needed for all schools for all of your children.
Steps to Complete the PFS
The PFS opens each year on October 2nd. To begin your financial aid application for the coming school year, please follow these steps:
1. Visit http://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents and click on "Complete your PFS". If you are a first-time user, you will be asked to create an account. If you applied for financial aid in the previous school year, login as a returning family, using the email and password you created last year.
2. Begin your PFS for the upcoming academic school year. You can log out of the PFS website at any time and return later to complete the form. Our School Code is 6280. Be sure to list our school code so that St. Andrew's will have access to your PFS.
3. Submit your complete PFS. Once you submit, your PFS cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system. After you submit your form, you will be asked to pay a nonrefundable processing fee. If you qualify for a fee waiver, you will be automatically notified on the processing fee page.
4. Upload required documents. When you've finished submitting your PFS, visit the "Manage Documents" section of the website to upload the supplementary documents required by St. Andrew's. Required documentation:
- A copy of your 2018 tax return (IRS Form 1040) and all applicable schedules and W2 forms. If you are a new applicant, you will also need to submit copies of your 2017 tax returns and W-2s and 2019 W-2s.
- St. Andrew's School Financial Aid Parent Questionnaire
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen paying U.S. taxes, you will also need to fill out the International Student Financial Aid Profile.
- If you are a single parent, having no contact with the child's biological second parent and receiving no financial support from him or her, you must submit a Single Parent Verification Form.
5. For enrolling students, 2019 Tax Returns and W-2s will need to be uploaded in May 2020. Your family's financial aid award is contingent on the submission and verification of all the materials above.
Questions about the PFS or the financial aid process in general? The SSS provides much helpful information on the "Learn" section of its website. Or, call the SSS Helpline at 800-344-8328 (open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST).