How to Apply
Welcome to the application process for admission to St. Andrew's! Please review the required components of our application process below. Each year, applications for the following fall are due by January 15. Admissions decisions are sent on March 10. After January 15, we accept applications to our wait list, which we review as space becomes available. We look forward to meeting you.
Our goal is to ensure that your application process is as exciting, smooth, and enjoyable as possible. Please reach out with any questions or concerns at any time; call 302-285-4231.
How to Apply to St. Andrew's
- Complete the information request form to join our mailing list and be registered in our database. This form must be submitted in order for us to arrange your visit.
- Meet us for your tour and interview!
We offer guided tours and interviews, both in-person and virtually, throughout the fall and winter. Please call 302-285-4231 to schedule your visit today.
- (Recommended) Take a standardized test and submit your scores.
Standardized testing is one component of a holistic review process that includes grades, recommendations, essays, and the interview. Together, these help us gain the most complete picture of an applicant's scholastic achievement and potential. We recommend all students submit standardized testing in support of their applications, but we will consider your application even if you are not able to submit testing.
- Please submit ONE of the following:
- If English is your second language AND you do not study in a school where English is the primary language of instruction, we require ONE of the following language tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - No reporting code needed.
- Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - St. Andrew's reporting code is #8146.
- Apply online by January 15.
The St. Andrew's Online Application Portal will allow you to complete and track all parts of your application. We also accept the Standard Application Online (SAO). Don't worry about which to choose; we do not have a preference for which application form you use and offer both options as a convenience for you. Please do NOT submit both applications.
- Submit recommendations, transcripts, and optional forms between December 1 and January 31.
Your complete application includes recommendation forms from your current English and math teachers, as well as a school administrator. You may send these forms electronically through your application portal. We welcome supplemental recommendations from other teachers or adults as well. Please ask your recommender to email the recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Optional) Submit arts and/or athletics special interest forms.
Students with significant experience and ability in extracurricular activities may want to submit an optional form detailing their interest in athletics and/or the arts.
- Keep in touch with St. Andrew's!
Completed application files are reviewed by the Admission Committee during January and February. For applications completed by January 31, decisions are mailed by March 10, and accepted students must confirm their enrollment by April 10. While you are waiting for your admission decision, don't hesitate to call (302-285-4231) or email us (email@example.com) if you have any questions, or want to share updated information with us.