First Tuition Payment Due
SSAT Test Date
How to Apply
Our goal is to ensure that your application process is as exciting, smooth, and enjoyable as possible. If we can help you at any time, call 302 285 4231.
The St. Andrew's Application Process
- Complete the information request form to join our mailing list and be registered on our database. This form must be submitted before you schedule a campus visit.
- Come visit St. Andrew's for a private tour and interview. Appointments are available most days classes are in session between September and January. Call the Admission Office at 302-285-4231 to schedule your visit.
- Register for and take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT), and request that your scores be reported to St. Andrew's School (DE); our reporting code is 6280. The Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required if English is your second language. Our TOEFL reporting code is #8146.
- Apply online by January 15.
The St. Andrew's Online Application Portal will allow you to complete and track all parts of your application. We do not accept the SAO or Gateway applications.
- Submit Recommendations, Transcripts and Optional Forms by January 31
Your complete application includes recommendation forms from your current English and math teachers, as well as your principal or counselor. You may send these forms electronically from your application portal after you have submitted your application. If you would like to request your recommendations from your teachers before you submit your application, please complete this form.
You may also want to submit an optional form detailing your special interest in Athletics or Performing Arts.
If your school requires you to use paper recommendation forms, printable versions of all forms can be found here.
- Keep in touch with St. Andrew's! Completed application files are reviewed by the Admission Committee during January and February. For applications completed by January 31, decisions are mailed by March 10, and accepted students must confirm their enrollment by April 10. While you are waiting for your admission decision, don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions, or want to share updated information with us.