Financial Aid Application Instructions & Notes
Families apply for financial aid using Clarity, a comprehensive online financial aid application that collects financial information and estimates the amount that your family can contribute towards tuition. Once you complete your application, Clarity will send it to any school(s) you indicate. Once we receive your application, we will review it and use it to formulate your financial aid grant if you qualify for need-based financial aid. Financial aid grants will be included with your offer of admission or with your re-enrollment contract each year.
Steps to Complete the Application
The Clarity financial aid application opens each year in August, for the following year's enrollment. To begin your financial aid application, please follow these steps:
2. Begin your application for the upcoming academic school year. You can log out of the application website at any time and return later to complete the form.
3. Submit your complete application and add "St. Andrew's School (DE)" as a recipient. Note that there are several schools called St. Andrew's, and we will only receive applications sent to the name above. Our school code is 8579 within the Clarity system.
4. When you submit your application, you will be prompted to pay Clarity's application fee. The Clarity system will automatically grant a fee waiver to you if your family qualifies, based on your income and assets.
5. For most families, Clarity will pull all required tax documentation automatically from the IRS after you sign the 4506-T form in the application. In certain circumstances, you will be prompted to upload additional documentation. Any additional requirements may be found in the "Documents" tab in your Clarity portal.
- Families with business interests (S-Corp, C-Corp, or Partnerships), will be prompted to upload documentation pertaining to their business(es). Please include all required documentation.
- If you do not file a US tax return, you will also need to fill out the International Student Financial Aid Profile; you may submit proof of income, taxes, and assets (in english) from your home country to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note international financial aid is limited to 50% of tuition in nearly all cases.
- If you are a single parent, having no contact with the child's biological second parent and receiving no financial support from him or her, you must submit a Single Parent Verification Form.
6. Your family's financial aid award is contingent on the submission and verification of all the materials above. The financial aid committee will contact you if more information is required.
Questions about the financial aid application? Clarity provides helpful information on the "Learn" section of its website. The Clarity team offers live chat assistance Monday-Friday 8am - 8pm ET, or you can email their team at email@example.com
If you have general questions about financial aid, or would like to discuss your situation with a member of the St. Andrew's financial aid committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org