Faculty & Administration Openings
Job Title: Director of Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: 12 Month Staff Position
Posted: October 2019
St. Andrew’s School seeks a visionary, accomplished, creative, and transformative IT leader to be the Director of Information Technology. The Director will be responsible for providing leadership in the planning, development, integration, and administration of all technology in the School. The Director will have excellent communication skills and the ability to support and collaborate with faculty, students, and staff of varied technical skills. The Director is expected to be a working manager and in collaboration with the IT staff, articulate and execute operational procedures to provide excellent technical support. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and works closely with the Head of School and other senior leaders to meet the School’s information technology needs in support of the overall mission of the School. In collaboration with other senior leaders, the Director also will assist in major emerging areas of concern such as data governance and data and network security.
- Work with all the School’s constituents to ensure technology is being used appropriately and efficiently within the academic community; serve as a visible ambassador of the use of technology across all constituents; promote a “client-centered” support atmosphere.
- Define and communicate IT department plans, policies, and standards for the School for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems; establish IT department goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Provide leadership and supervision to IT staff and develop collaborations with other faculty and staff in the various departments.
- Provide support for all software, hardware, network, telecommunication, and copier/printers in the School with the IT staff and in coordination with external vendors.
- Manage technology budget(s) and be fiscally responsible; identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments; develop cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and capital initiatives.
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the organization as a member of the COO’s leadership team.
- Manage technology-related contracts and vendor relationships, ensuring continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate for this position or a related degree is strongly preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience and training. A minimum of ten years relevant experience in a senior IT role in a complex setting.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of network architecture, telecommunication, wireless, mobile, and cloud technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple operating systems and devices, Microsoft Active Directory Management, VoIP, and BYOD; knowledge of administrative and academic database systems would be strongly preferred.
Preferential Requirement: The successful candidate should possess knowledge and experience in Google Suite Administration with the ability to fully administer the G Suite in an environment utilizing Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Drive and Vault.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to build relationships. Previous experience in staff supervision, project management, expanding and enhancing the use of technology to support the needs of an organization and prioritizing work projects are important. Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary to work effectively with a variety of constituents, including students, faculty, staff, and the Board of Trustees.
The ideal candidate can rapidly identify and address critical IT issues; react quickly and calmly in times of emergency, prepare and present effective written and oral reports; navigate a project from concept to completion on a timely basis, and ensure proper management and operation of the campus network and related infrastructure. Primary residence must be within 50 miles of campus; campus housing is not provided.
Essential Physical Requirements
The position requires an extensive amount of walking around campus and through buildings, climbing stairs, and driving. Lifting and carrying objects is limited but may be necessary from time to time. The ability to be attentive and contribute during meetings with members of the community and project planning meetings is essential.
St. Andrew’s School is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diverse candidates of all backgrounds, faith, and persuasions, and seek to foster an inclusive, welcoming community environment.
This job description is intended to describe the basic, critical elements of the job and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, or skills associated with the job. A thorough background check, inclusive of fingerprinting, is required as a condition of employment. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to:
Ann S. Visalli
Chief Operating Officer
St. Andrew’s School
350 Noxontown Road
Middletown DE 19709