As a faculty member at a vibrant boarding school, St. Andrew’s teachers contribute not only to the academic programs, but also to our athletics and extracurricular programs. We seek candidates who have not only a passion for teaching, but also a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege and honor of teaching and living with adolescents. Read more about our pedagogical philosophy and shared goals for our community in our statement on teaching at St. Andrew’s. Please note that at this time, candidates for the below positions with the experience to be head coaches of boys or girls squash, boys or girls tennis, girls basketball, boys lacrosse, field hockey, or volleyball will be given strong consideration in any given search. Candidates with these qualifications should highlight them in their application materials.
Typical responsibilities of a St. Andrew’s teacher include the following:
- three or four class sections;
- two seasons of athletic coaching or two seasons of a major, non-athletic extracurricular program;
- dormitory duty once or twice a week;
- weekend duty once every three weekends;
- participation in school committees and activities.
St. Andrew’s School seeks employees of any race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and national or ethnic origin.
Benefits for full-time teaching faculty include the following:
- all meals in the Dining Hall while school is in session;
- medical and dental coverage;
- strong retirement savings plan;
- advanced degree tuition support;
- 50% tuition remission for faculty children attending nearby St. Anne’s Episcopal School (grades K-8); and
- 90% tuition remission for faculty children attending at St. Andrew’s.
We are always interested in the full range of what a candidate could bring to our school community. If no positions are open in your current field, you are welcome to share a letter of interest and résumé at any time with Emily Pressman, Dean of Faculty Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.