2020-21 School Year
We look forward to reconvening our full residential community and on-campus program in March 2021. The success of our spring in-person term will depend on the shared creativity, sacrifices, and discipline of all members of the community. Living in a community during a pandemic calls upon all of us to live intentionally, patiently, and generously, and we believe we have already built an ethos and spirit uniquely prepared for a healthy and successful spring on campus and any challenges we might face.
We must also recognize that our plan depends on a number of factors beyond our control. We will follow and honor guidelines and regulations set by Governor John Carney, the Delaware Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as they collectively study the movement, severity, and transmission rates of COVID-19.
Whatever the challenge or circumstance, we at St. Andrew’s are dedicated to providing an exemplary educational experience and transformational community for our students.
Please bookmark this page and visit often for updates! If you have any questions that aren't answered below, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Stephen Eppes, Director of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Christiana Care in Delaware
- Orig3n, Inc., Boston, MA (testing partner)
- LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics (test providers)
- Environmental Health and Engineering, Newton, MA (consulting partnership with 32 other Northeast boarding schools)
- Executive Orders of Governor John Carney
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- What health & safety protocols will be required of students, faculty, and staff on campus?
- What are the disciplinary consequences if a student does not follow health & safety protocols?
- Will health and safety protocols be adjusted or relaxed once all students are back on campus and all initial testing is completed?
- What happens if a member of the community tests positive while school is in session?
- What other precautions are you taking within the Health Center?
- Will students still be required to go to the Health Center to take over-the-counter medications?
- What are the school's cleaning practices?
- What health & safety enhancements have you made to the campus physical plant?
- Are you planning any safety alterations to the campus HVAC system?
- How will student laundry work? How will students be able to safely and thoroughly launder masks?
- Will rooms be double or multiple occupancy?
- Who will be in a student's "cohort" while on campus?
- Will students be allowed to leave campus while school is in session?
- Will visitors be allowed to come to campus while school is in session?
- Will I be able to drop off food or packages for my child on campus?
- How will large school gatherings (such as Chapel or School Meeting) take place?
- What is the dress code for the spring?
- What will spring athletics look like?
- Will some athletes come back to campus early for preseason?
- Will student groups and clubs meet while school is in session?
- Will there be community service this year?
- What do students need to before arriving on campus from overseas?
- What happens if I can't get to campus because of visa issues or flight restrictions?
- If I have to study fully online from home, will my visa status be affected?
- What happens if the school closes on short notice after we start the school year?
- What happens if I am exposed to COVID-19 and/or fall ill while I am on campus?
- When will students return to campus?
- What happens if I cannot come to SAS on the date my Form is scheduled to arrive?
- Can siblings return to campus at the same time if they are in different Forms?
- What do students & parents need to do before arriving on campus?
- Should parents also be tested five days prior to coming to campus for move-in?
- Will students be tested upon arrival to campus?
- What are the protocols for March move-in days?
- What can or should students bring to campus?
- My child's non-school furniture is still on campus. Will I have to take this furniture home with me on move-in day?