As a School that attracts a bright, diverse and talented student body, St. Andrew's is committed to graduating young men and women with a deep commitment to their responsibilities as citizens of the world. St. Andrew’s is dedicated to engaging students in the fight for environmental sustainability and preservation, arguably the most pressing and significant issue of our time. We express our commitment to sustainability by teaching, living and working in ways that reflect our ideal of a kinder, more thoughtful world.
Environmental stewardship on campus is led by a passionate and dedicated group of students, teachers and staff members who work with the school to ensure that environmental sustainability is a consideration in decisions at every level of school life. Some examples of their work include:
For the work above, St. Andrew's has been honored by:
- Earning a silver rating on sustainability performance through Protostars, a self-reporting tool that measures the sustainability of K-12 schools.
- U.S. Department of Education 2013 Green Ribbon School
- 2014 Delaware Green Schools Pathway Participant
- 2014 Interfaith Power and Light Cool Congregation Challenge Climate Change Planner Winner
- 2012 Governor's Agricultural and Urban Conservation Awardee