Suggested Packing List
In mid-August, you will receive your roommate assignment and his or her contact information. You may want to get in touch with your roommate at that time to discuss what you each plan to bring to St. Andrew's, and what you might be able to share rather than bringing unnecessary duplicates. Please be mindful of limited space in shared rooms; less is always better!
All personal belongings and clothing should be labeled with the student's name.If you forget to bring or are unable to bring some of these items to campus, they can be purchased new in nearby Middletown, at Wal-Mart, Lowes, Kohl's, Marshalls, and other stores in town. Gently used clothes can also be purchased on campus at the St. Andrew’s Alumni Clothes Closet (STAACC). Everything in the store is only $1, and proceeds go to fund our financial aid program.
- Bedding and Bath Supplies
- Laundry & Cleaning Supplies
- School Supplies
- Miscellaneous (Optional)
- You may NOT bring....
- Laundry bag or basket
- Stain remover
- Mesh undergarment bag (to keep your bras from snagging/stretching in the wash)
- Disinfectant wipes for cleaning your bureau, desk, etc.
Note: All IV Form students are provided with laundry service for the entirety of their sophomore year, and do not need to bring laundry supplies to school.
All of these items can be purchased at the School Store after you know what each teacher requires for his or her course, but a few starter materials may be helpful.
- Laptop (please see our Student Technology Requirements page for more
- A planner or date book (III Formers will be provided one by the School)
- Backpack or bookbag
- 3 to 5 notebooks
- TI-84 calculator
- Paper, pens, pencils, highlighters
- Post-it notes
- Scissors and tape
- Under-the-bed storage
- Plastic containers for all food kept on dorm (required if you plan to keep food in your room)
- Padlock for your top bureau drawer (for storing any valuables)
- Posters and family pictures (posters must be appropriate, as described in the Student Handbook)
- Bulletin board and/or dry erase board
- 3M hanging hooks and/or velcro strips
- Small area rug no bigger than 9'x12'
- Mug, bowl, plate, spoon, fork
- Water bottle
- Extension cord
- Flashlight and battery
- Bicycle, rollerblades, or skateboard, plus lock
- Helmet (must be worn while biking, rollerblading, or skateboarding)
- Halogen or incandescent lamps (for both safety and environmental reasons); CFLs or LEDs are permitted
- Candles, combustibles, matches, lighters, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Coffee makers, hot pots, or any cooking item with a heating element
- Refrigerators (allowed for seniors only)
- TVs, DVDs players, or video game consoles
- Posters or decoration with inappropriate and/or salacious messages, or alcohol or drug-related content
- Air conditioners
- Bedroom furniture to use in place of SAS furniture
- Wireless hubs