Opening of School Dates & Times
Don't forget to turn in your Health Forms!Please note: all students must turn in their completed Health Forms packets to the Health Center before they return to campus. All forms are due by June 30, 2017. Any delay in health form completion will prevent us from being able to house your child in our dorms or allow them to participate in any of our programs. If you have questions, please call the Health Center at 302-285-4240.
Need transportation to campus?
Pick-up service at the Philadelphia Airport or Wilmington Train Station must be scheduled at least a week in advance of your child’s arrival. Please email your student’s return-to-school travel itinerary no later than Monday, August 15 to David Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to Adhere to Schedule
The School asks that parents adhere to the following schedule. In particular, we request that students not return before the assigned dates and times. Our staff will be busy with last-minute cleanup and repairs, and our faculty will be very busy preparing for the opening of school. Due to these constraints, we are only able to supervise those students who have been invited to return to campus early, and our Dining Hall prepares enough food to feed only those students. Thus, we are simply not prepared to cope with early arrivals and would appreciate your cooperation in this regard. Special requests for exceptions should be emailed to Will Speers at email@example.com.
VI Form Students arrive Monday, August 28, between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the Headmaster’s Reception Area in Founders Hall.
- The entire VI Form will have a dinner at 6:00 p.m. that day, followed by a meeting with Tad Roach.
Athletes Invited for Preseason Camps arrive Wednesday, August 30, between noon and 2:00 p.m.
Varsity Coaches will email preseason invitations to students by Wednesday, June 15. Attendance at preseason campus is by invitation only.
- Registration will be open from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. in the Headmaster’s Reception Area in Founders Hall.
- Practices will begin at 2:00 p.m. that day, or as directed by your coach.
- International Students may arrive the evening before (Tuesday, August 30) to allow for jet lag.
New International Students & Parents arrive Friday, September 1, between 3:00 and 5:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Headmaster’s Reception Area in Founders Hall.
- Our New International Student & Parent Orientation program will begin at 5:30 p.m. that day.
Opening Day: New Students and All Other Returning Students arrive Sunday, September 3, between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Registration will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Headmaster’s Reception Area in Founders Hall.
- New students will be met by the Admission Committee and the VI Form.
- Lunch will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Dining Hall.
- Mr. Roach will welcome parents of new students at 1:30 p.m. in the O’Brien Arts Center.
- A full Opening Day schedule will be provided at check-in.
Parent Party at Rodney Point on Sunday, September 3, 3:00 p.m.
- We ask parents to say goodbye to their sons and daughters at 3:00 p.m. and join us at a special Parent Party at Rodney Point, just across the pond from campus. This family reception will give you time to meet other parents, share your reflections on your day, and exchange contact information with one another.