Filling Out Your Parents Financial Statement
The Parents Financial Statement (PFS) is a comprehensive online form that allows SSS to estimate the amount that your family can contribute towards your child's tuition. SSS reports that estimate to any school or schools you indicate on your PFS. If your child is applying to more than one school, you only need to fill out your PFS once. If you have multiple children applying, only one PFS application is needed for all schools for all of your children.
Steps to Complete the PFS
The PFS opens each year on November 1st. To begin your financial aid application for the coming school year, please follow these steps:
1. Visit http://sssbynais.org/parents and click on "Complete your PFS". If you are a first-time user, you will be asked to create an account. If you applied for financial aid in the previous school year, login as a returning family, using the email and password you created last year.
2. Begin your PFS for the upcoming academic school year. You can log out of the PFS website at any time and return later to complete the form. Our School Code is 6280. Be sure to list our school code so that St. Andrew's will have access to your PFS.
3. Submit your complete PFS. Once you submit, your PFS cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system. After you submit your form, you will be asked to pay a nonrefundable processing fee. If you qualify for a fee waiver, you will be automatically notified on the processing fee page.
4. Upload required documents. When you've finished submitting your PFS, visit the "Manage Documents" section of the website to upload the supplementary documents required by St. Andrew's. Required documentation:
- A copy of your current-year tax return (IRS Form 1040). If your current year taxes are not complete, upload your W2 forms and follow up with your tax documentation as soon as it is available. If you are a new applicant, you will also need to submit copies of past year tax returns.
- The following forms:
- St. Andrew's School Financial Aid Parent Questionnaire (also available within the PFS website)
- IRS Form 4506-T (also available within the PFS website)
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen paying U.S. taxes, you will also need to fill out St. Andrew's International Student Financial Aid Profile form, which is not available within the PFS website.
Questions about the PFS or the financial aid process in general? The SSS provides much helpful information on the "Learn" section of its website. Or, call the SSS Helpline at 800-344-8328 (open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST, and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST).