Listed below, please find current employment openings and opportunities for positions on the St. Andrew's faculty. Interested candidates should send a letter of introduction, current resume and list of references to Dean of Faculty Will Speers.
St. Andrew's seeks to interview men and women from diverse backgrounds during the employment process. Candidates should be bright, creative, resourceful, optimistic and collaborative. As a fully residential school community, we seek candidates who have a passion for teaching as well as a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege and honor of teaching and living with adolescents.
A typical job description of a St. Andrew's teacher includes the following:
- three or four class sections, two preparations;
- two seasons of athletic coaching or two seasons of a major, non-athletic extracurricular program;
- dormitory duty once or twice a week;
- weekend duty once every three weekends;
- participation in School committees and activities;
- on campus housing in a dormitory apartment or other faculty residence.
A brief overview of benefits includes the following:
- all meals in the dining hall while School is in session;
- generous medical and dental coverage;
- strong retirement savings plan;
- advanced degree tuition support;
- 50% of day school tuition for faculty children in grades K-8;
- 50% of day and boarding school tuition for faculty children in grades 9-12 attending schools other than St. Andrew's.
St. Andrew's School seeks employees of any race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and national or ethnic origin.