Employment at St. Andrew's
St. Andrew's seeks individuals of diverse backgrounds to become members of its faculty and staff. Candidates should be creative, resourceful, optimistic, and collaborative. As a fully residential school community, for our faculty positions, we seek candidates who have not only a passion for teaching, but also a deep appreciation and respect for the privilege and honor of teaching and living with adolescents.
Typical responsibilities of a St. Andrew's teacher include the following:
- three or four class sections;
- two seasons of athletic coaching or two seasons of a major, non-athletic extracurricular program;
- dormitory duty once or twice a week;
- weekend duty once every three weekends;
- participation in School committees and activities.
Benefits for full-time teaching faculty include the following:
- on-campus housing in a dormitory apartment or other faculty residence;
- all meals in the dining hall while School is in session;
- medical and dental coverage;
- strong retirement savings plan;
- advanced degree tuition support;
- 50% tuition remission for faculty children attending nearby St. Anne's Episcopal School (grades K-8); and
- 90% tuition remission for faculty children attending at St. Andrew's.
St. Andrew's School seeks employees of any race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and national or ethnic origin. Candidates interested in teaching faculty positions should send a letter of introduction, current resume, and list of references to Dean of Faculty Will Speers. A full list of both faculty and staff positions can be found on our Available Positions page.